[gmx-users] cpu detection in 3.2.1 double precision

Milton Taidi Sonoda msonoda at iqm.unicamp.br
Tue Aug 31 22:58:06 CEST 2004

I've tried to install kernel 2.6.8-1.521 but it was not
possible. I had problems with the SATA_SIL option.
I have a sata hd, and in .config file that option is activated.
However in the "make modules_install" step there is a
complaint that SATA_SIL modules could not be found.

Anyway, I recompiled the kernel 2.6.5-1.358 explicitly
indicating the processor family (AMD-Opteron/Athlon64).
Even with that mdrun didn't probe SSE and SSE2.

Do you have any more advices?