[gmx-users] Non-bonded interactions

Pradip Kumar Biswas p.biswas at csuohio.edu
Wed Dec 8 22:18:21 CET 2004

Yes. As vdw does not explicitly depend on charges, you can set your
desired charges to zero in an appropriate place.

I tested with setting mdatoms->chargeA[i] = 0; for the desired
atom_id's in a loop inside fnbf.c.  It worked but you need to scan the
whole chargeA array.

** In the list  Snadeep Somani gave an apparently simplified idea of
using tpbconv.

Another option is to intervene in the innerloops inside innerc.c. and
set  charge[ii] and/or  charge[jnr] to zero for the required charge
groups. It is working perfectly for me.

biswas.
csu,ohio.