[gmx-users] g_angle (Problem in Dihedral Angles)

Alok alokjain at iitk.ac.in
Mon Dec 13 20:02:50 CET 2004

Hello Gmx Usrs,
                          I am  calculating the Dihedral angle (chi1
&chi 2)for a residue in my protein using the program g_angle. I was
thinking that dihedral angle should be in the range -180 to +180  or 0
to 360 degree . But i am getting values which are mixed up of these two
range  like -185 degree or sometimes negative and positive   values both
... can any one suggest me where is the problem? if i am doing anything
wrong.

i used  g_angle     -f    ***.xtc   -s    ***.tpr   -n    ***.ndx
-od    -ov   -type dihedral   command.

          thanks in advance

                 Alok Jain