[gmx-users] distance constrain

Luciane V. Mello mello at cenargen.embrapa.br
Wed Dec 15 17:48:25 CET 2004

Hi Uwe

Thanks for the pointer, but actually I want a simple harmonic potential
rather than the more NOE-orientated distance restraints.

>From page 91 of the manual 3.1, it looks as if I need a bond type 6
definition.  How can I add one to my topol.top file?  Where to define
the parameters rij and kij (Fig 4.5)?

Thanks in advance

Luciane

> Hi Luciane,
>
> this is an easy thing to do. You need a section [ distance_restraints ]
> in you topology
> or itp file. The format is described in chapter 4.2 of the manual (for
> gromacs 3.1).
> Note that you cannot define distance restraints between atoms in
> different molecules, so
> if you want to do something like this, you need to define the two
> molecules within one
> molecule section.
>
> Regards,
> Uwe
>
> Luciane V. Mello wrote:
>
> >Dear all,
> >

> >How would you constrain the distance between two atoms during the
> >simulation?
> >I've looked at genpr, but it fixes the atoms rather than restrains their
> >distances.
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >Luciane
> >Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
> >www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.

NeoMail - Webmail that doesn't suck... as much.
http://neomail.sourceforge.net