[gmx-users] Constraints - again

Uwe Richter urichter at jerini.de
Thu Dec 16 08:46:42 CET 2004

Thanks for the reply,

Distance restraints won't to the job I suppose, since I'd need a second
atom to which
the restraint refers to. I just do not want the atoms of the loop to
move too far from the
current position, say only +/- 2 angstrom in all dimensions. Amber
provides such a
feature but I don't know if it is possible to achieve this with Gromacs.
I have tried to define a set of atoms at exactly the same position as
the loop atoms,
didn't define any bonds, pairs etc. for them, gave them zero charges and
applied position
restraints. To these atoms I defined distance restraints for my real
atoms, however,
the minimizations/simulations crashed. Is this procedure in general
possible and I
did something wrong in the set up? If not, is there another, may be
easier way
to do it?

Thanks again,
Uwe