[gmx-users] Ion in simulation

Itamar Kass ikass at cc.huji.ac.il
Tue Feb 3 17:03:01 CET 2004

   Hi all, in the system I have protein in membrane, DMPC and water, and
the net charge is -2, were the simulation box is
6.1082x6.1082x6.6675nm.  In the literature I see that people add ions
in order to prevent net charge in the system (etc. Forrest et. al. 2000
Biophys J. 78:55-69).
   My question is does it important?  After all, in the real world such
small box does not has net charge of zero 100% of the time.
   thanks, Itamar.

Computers are like airconditioners... They don't work well with Windows
open.

http://www.ls.huji.ac.il/~membranelab/itamar/itamar_homepage.html