[gmx-users] Directed MD - Transition Paths in GMX

Anthony Ivetac ivetac at biop.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 9 11:26:01 CET 2004

Thanks David. However, rather than interpolating the intermediates
between 2 end-point structures, I am trying to get to the 'open' state
from the 'closed' state through MD, because I am interested in seeing
the impact of this 'opening' motion on an adjacent subunit.

I have no experience of playing with the Gromacs code - does anyone know
how easy it would be to modify the potential energy function to include
some distance contraints? For example, for every step, I would want to
calculate the RMSD between the current structure in the simulation and
the 'end-point' structure -> RMSDs closer to the end-point would be
encouraged and RMSDs away from the end-point would be penalised.

Many thanks!