[gmx-users] creating a "solid" layer

Shuaib Shahid 0006450S at student.gla.ac.uk
Mon Feb 9 21:45:01 CET 2004

hi all,

i am a final year student and my project is to investigate the electrical double layer.

My problem is that i have a fake atom which i created and i have to insert it into a box of water.  I have to create a layer of these atoms (1 atom thick) which stretches across the box and effectively halves it.

i have inserted the atom into the box and fixed it using position restraints.  However. how do i replicate this one atom into a layer, that mimics a solid, across the box?

any input would be appreciated

thanks

a novice gromacs user!