[gmx-users] Directed MD - Transition Paths in GMX

Anthony Ivetac ivetac at biop.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 11 13:01:01 CET 2004

Hi,

The algorithm I am trying to implement specifically is the Path
Exploration with Distance Contraints (PEDC) method, used by Guilbert et
al. in CHARMM.

I am trying to find code in Gromacs which would allow me to add a
distance constraint potential to the existing potential energy function.
The strength of the distance constraint would depend on the direction of
the simulated structure which would be measured by RMSD to a 'reference'
structure - ie. if the RMSD is getting bigger then we would apply a
force proportional to the deviation from where we want it to be at that
time point. If the RMSD is getting smaller then we apply no constraint
and let it run.

If anyone has any ideas on where I could add a subroutine which adds to
the potential energy function, please let me know!

Many thanks,

Tony