[gmx-users] hbonds(non covalent) contraint

Martina Bertsch, PhD mbe404 at lulu.it.northwestern.edu
Fri Feb 13 23:20:02 CET 2004

Dear Lakshmi,

First, define a custom group of atoms you wish to restrain using make_ndx:

make_ndx -f my_protein.gro -n index.ndx

For example, to define a group containing C-alpha atoms of residues
100-125, at the prompt you would type:

 >r 100-125 & a CA

Next, use genpr to generate a position restraint itp file corresponding
to that custom group:

genpr -f my_protein.gro -n index.ndx -o my_res.itp

and select the desired group at the prompt.

Please, see the Manual or the online Reference for details.

Regards,
Martina