[gmx-users] Ramachandran Plot

Mungikar, Amol Arvind (UMR-Student) mungikar at umr.edu
Sun Feb 15 21:25:02 CET 2004

Thank you Dr.David van der Spoel  for your reply. Here are few more details:
I am using GROMACS force field. (I was thinking why you asked this question, is the force field change going to give me different results?)
One thing I forgot to mention in my previous message was that the peptide is charged with a charge of -4e. Can this be the reason (or artifact) for the results in this MDRUN i made? Infact I am running the same peptide with four Sodium ions to see if I can find out any major difference.
I checked the structure again, and nothing seems to be wrong with the positioning of atoms of the peptide - in terms of overlapping with water molecules or peptid atoms itself. N-terminal of the peptide is elongated. Infact all the dihedral angles are in accordance with the structure. As you said maybe the structure is correct, I need to analyze all other results such as RDF,Energies etc before coming to any conclusion though. Meanwhile thank for your help.
Sincerely,
Amol