[gmx-users] GROMACS3.2 index.c compilation error

Simon Wang sim_wang03 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 17 18:47:01 CET 2004

Hi, GMX users:

I met the same problem to compile GROMACS3.2 on a SGI IRIX64 IP27 machine.
It stops at the make of index.c. I changed "const char" to "char" as Erik
suggested. However, the errors still exist as showed below:

cc-1028 cc: ERROR File = index.c, Line = 263
  The expression used must have a constant value.
  char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };

9 errors detected in the compilation of "index.c".
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)