[gmx-users] Re: [gmx-developers] Hexagonal prism

Simon Wang sim_wang03 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 04:12:00 CET 2004

Hi, GMX users:

I got a little bit confused about how to define a hexagonal unit cell as a
special case of triclinic cell. When using "editconf -f conf.gro -o out.gro
-bt tric -box 5 5 3 -angles 90 90 120 -c" to assign the values of a, b, c,
<bc, <ac, <ab, followed by conversion of "trjconv -pbc inbox -ur compact" or
"trjconv -pbc whole -ur compact", I can get the right shape of hexagonal
prism. But the SIZE of the hexagonal edge is about 30 angstrom, not 50 as
defined. I guess I don't fully understand the way GROMACS define the
triclinic cell. I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks,

Simon