[gmx-users] Re: Ligand-protein interaction scoring

Douglas Houston douglas at davapc1.bioch.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 13:27:01 CET 2004

Hi,

I have noticed something I didn't expect; when I use nsteps=0, near the
end of md.log shows 31 steps (for my test case):

           Step           Time         Lambda
            31       31.00000        0.00000

Stepsize too small, or no change in energy.
Converged to machine precision,

When I use nstep=1 OR set emtol to some huge number like 10000, then I
indeed only get 1 step. Perhaps nstep=0 is interpreted as "continue
running for as many steps as are required to reach convergence"?

My .mdp file looks like:

cpp               =  /lib/cpp
define            =  -DFLEX_SPC
constraints       =  none