[gmx-users] ic vs gcc : strange results

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 19 13:40:02 CET 2004

Hi,

If you get such a big difference it is almost certainly because you are
using the 64-bit mode, without SSE assembly loops. We have 64-bit
loops, and they will appear soon, but in the meantime you will get
better performance by adding flags to compile in 32-bit mode.

(Or perhaps that's what the intel compiler is doing...)

Anyway, check your logfile and see if the simulation is using SSE loops.

Cheers,

Erik