[gmx-users] Re: Hexagonal prism

Simon Wang sim_wang03 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 05:13:01 CET 2004

Hi, GMX users:

One more question. If the box vector and angles used in GMX are the same as
the conventional unit cell parameters, in the case of a hexagonal prism (-bt
tric -box 5 5 3 -angles 90 90 120), the box volume should be 194.86 nm^3.
However, editconf report the volume as 64.95 nm^3, one third of the previous
one. So I guess the box vector is not the same as the conventional unit cell
parameters. But if GMX convert the hexagonal prism structure file to PDB
format, the box vectors show up at CRYST1 line as the unit cell parameters.
I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks,

Simon