[gmx-users] Re: finding charges and radii (Shuaib Shahid)

Kia.Balali-Mood@ed.ac.uk Kia.Balali-Mood at ed.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 13:03:00 CET 2004

Hi Shuaib,

I presume u've Checked the text file (pdb) where u may find them if not..then
this excellent website (courtesy of Dr Van Alten at Dundee) should help in
generating charges

Note that GROMACs only auto generates topologies for proteins!
http://davapc1.bioch.dundee.ac.uk/programs/prodrg/prodrg.html

As for the diameter, you can use sybyl if u have it if not use editconf (prog.
in gromacs..check website www.gromacs.org for details)..to put a box around ur
lipids and simply work out the diameter from the system dimensions it generates!

Hope this helped!

Kia

> Hi,
>
> i am very new to VMD and gromacs so this question will probably sound very =
> basic.
>
> I have a file of lipids "pop128a.pdb" and i wanted to know how i can find t=
> he charge and diameter of the headgroups in this and other lipid files. c=
> an i do this in VMD or should i be using another program, such as gromacs=
> , to find this?
>
> thanks

> End of gmx-users Digest

Kia Balali-Mood
Laboratory of Membrane Biophysics
Division of Pre Clinical Veterinary Sciences
University of Edinburgh
College of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine
The Vet School
Summerhall
Edinburgh, EH9 1QH
Tel. +44 (0)131 650 6142