[gmx-users] Problems compiling GROMACS on IBM SP2

Nair, Sankar Sankar.Nair at chbe.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 26 02:00:02 CET 2004

Hello,

I've had the same problems as some other users when compiling GROMACS on an IBM system. I get an "unknown preprocessing directive #ident" error, even after I use the --disable-largefile option. It seems the solution is (from previous list messages):

http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2003-October/034093.html <http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2003-October/034093.html>
>Somewhere in a config file there is a #define for HAS_IDENT. Just
>comment it out and rebuild.
>
> -Dean

and:

http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2003-October/034095.html <http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2003-October/034095.html>

>Yeah, this is a bug in the GNU autoconfig tools - it detects that some
>IBM preprocessor versions support IDENT even if they don't... It's only
>used for debugging identification, and we will probably remove it in a
>future version, so it's safe to remove that define.
>

>Cheers,
>
>Erik

Would a list member let me know what config files exactly should I open to comment out the #define for HAS_IDENT ? Many thanks.

Regards,

Sankar Nair