[gmx-users] Errors while running gmxdemo

Marcelo Nollmann marcnol at chem.gla.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 19:20:01 CET 2004

Dear Gromacs users,
I have downloaded and installed fft2.1.5 and installed with the
--enable-float --enable-type-prefix options.
Then compiled gromacs 3.2, and installed.

When trying to run the first demo (gmxdemo) I get the following error
messages:

when running pdb2gmx, I get the message:
Fatal error: Library file FF.dat not found in current dir nor in your
GMXLIB path.

then,
the demo runs genbox and I get

Fatal error: Library file aminoacids.dat not found in current dir nor in
your GMXLIB path.

My GMXLIB variable is

tutor/gmxdemo> echo $GMXLIB/
/usr/local/gromacs/lib/

and the GROMACS variable:

tutor/gmxdemo> echo $GROMACS/
/usr/local/gromacs/bin/

where GROMACS has installed itself.

Does anyone now what I could be doind wrong? I am sure it must be
something stupid I am doing but cannot find what.
Any help will be very welcome!

Thanks
Marcelo Nollmann

--
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set,
I go into the other room and read a book.