[gmx-users] Inserting small molecule into the solvated system

Semen Esilevsky yesint4 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 13:19:01 CET 2004

Dear Gromacs users,
I've did equilibration of the pure membrane in water
and now I have to add a small flavone probe to see how
it incorporates into the membrane.
There are two problems:

1) How to position the probe. I did it with the
script, which shifts the coordinates aned then merge
pdb files but I suspect that it's possible to do it
visually. Is it possible with Rasmol or VMD or
something else?

2) I have to delete several water molecules to make a
hole for the probe. Doing this by hand always lead to
LINKS warning about more than 30 deg rotation. I tried
to delete all water and run genbox agin, but with the
same warning. Then sumulation crashed on step 0.

What is a correct way to do the thing?