[gmx-users] opteron, 64bit

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 6 23:17:01 CET 2004

Hi,

> Does Opteron SSE suffer from the same Athlon problems? If so, is 3DNow!
> the default for AMD chips?

"Maybe".

We haven't had access to a lot of different opterons, and I haven't
been able to crash any of the ones I tried. There was however one
Folding at Home user who claimed he had a problem, but that might of
course be unrelated.

We finally managed to find an AMD technical contact last week (through
Vijay), so we sent the some binaries to test - as soon as we get some
feedback there I'll decide if we should make 3DNow the default setting
on AMD.

Cheers,

Erik