[gmx-users] enthalpy of vaporization II

Pedro Alexandre Lapido Loureiro paloureiro at biof.ufrj.br
Wed Jan 7 12:52:00 CET 2004

> What do you mean you can not reproduce the results? You may need to read
> carefully the small print about cut-off treatment etc. (and even so, not
> everything is written and/or done such that it can be reproduced...).
>
> By the way, OPLS has most of the atom types present for similar
> molecules. It should be possible to modify your atom types to be
> standard OPLS ones. That is what I would use as a starting point.

Thank you once more for your suggestions!
But returning to the equation DHvap = RT - Einter(liq.),
there are two major assumptions: we assume an ideal gas behavior (PV = nRT)
and we assume that the intramolecular energy is the same both in the gas and
liquid states.
In that case the fact that I am not able to reproduce both density and
enthalpy of vaporization would be secondary to those approximations?

Regards,

Pedro.

--
Pedro Alexandre Lapido Loureiro