[gmx-users] A question on GROMACS installation on MAC (G4,OS X 10.3.2)

Hwankyu Lee leehk at umich.edu
Fri Jan 9 04:38:01 CET 2004

Dear, gmx-users,

I'm trying to install gromacs into mac (G4, OS X 10.3.2), but I  got a
lot of problems..
After I set up X-code, fink, and X11 in mac, and then I tried to
install Gromacs.
I searched for some answers through gromacs homepages, but I'm still
confused about that.

1) One mentioned that X-darwin must be installed before we start to
install...I'm just using terminal after installing X-code,fink, and
X11....Do I really need to set up X-darwin and then install in
X-darwin??   I  thought  X-darwin and X11 are almost same...

2) One mentioned malloc.h file...but, I couldn't find the file in my
computer...Is that file necessary?   If so, how can I solve this
problem??

3) I installed fftw-2.1.3.  When I installed gromacs, it was shown that
"configure: error: Cannot find any single precision sfftw.h or
fftw.h"......In the gromacs homepage, some people said we may have to
install "fma" fftw to install in MAC...Also, some people said we need
to use fftw-2.1.5...At this moment, www.fftw.org doesn't work....I
wonder which one I have to  choose....and also, if I choose the one,
I'll not have any problem to install gromacs ???

4) And then, I did "make", I got several errors...I might have basic
problems....I would like to get some advice about this
situations...Could you give me any advice for that??

best,
Hwankyu.