[gmx-users] A question on GROMACS installation on MAC (G4,OS X 10.3.2)

Hwankyu Lee leehk at umich.edu
Fri Jan 9 16:51:01 CET 2004

Thanks for you help...
1) David mentioned that OS comes with a double precision version...I
wonder if that means that it should be installed with a double
precision....So, I cannot install gromacs with a single precision
version in MAC??

2) I installed gromacs-3.2.0-beta instead of gromacs-3.1.4 because
someone said gromacs-3.2.0-beta should work in MAC....and then,
interestingly, I couldn't see any errors when I finished installation
on MAC...but, after that, I couldn't execute any commends like grompp,
mdrun, and so forth....Do I need to set up specific path on the MAC??
I've installed gromacs on LINUX several times...So, I'm familiar with
installation on LINUX...I just followed same ways for MAC with
gromacs-3.2.0 and fftw-2.1.3....but, it didn't work like I
said....Could you give me any advice for installation on MAC??