[gmx-users] 'Gromacs Symposium' ?

Nuno R. L. Ferreira nunolf at ci.uc.pt
Wed Jan 14 20:43:00 CET 2004

Hi gmx community

Think this is a quite nice idea.
Since I'm a gmx begginer, I would like the ?workshop? to be focused on
tutorials ranging all capabilities of the program, presentation and
discussion of simulation research (perhaps some posters about it, as someone
suggested), and also future plans.

About the tutorial, I think that a theoretical/pratical approach would be
just great, than just having some  chats around the topics.
This is very important for young learners, to put their hands in the
scripts, to change them, to see the MD run exploding, etc. I bet that some
common questions posed in the e-mailing list would just disappear, at least
for the fortunate folks in the meeting. With some runs already performed, it
will also be easy to show the analysis capability of this program. This was
the main reason I choose gmx to work with.

I agree that in the final August/September would be the best time. Nothing
better than get a tan, and in the middle some gmx discussion.
Talked already with my PhD supervisor, and, we are interested in organizing
this "gmx work together". We could manage to arrange some computers for the
pratical stuff , say one by person, around 30 1-CPU computers would be
feasible. It all depends on the number of persons attending this course.

Kind regards
NUno

Nuno Ricardo Santos Loureiro da Silva Ferreira
Departamento de Química
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia
Universidade de Coimbra
3004-535 Coimbra - Portugal