[gmx-users] 'Gromacs Symposium' ?

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Sat Jan 17 18:06:01 CET 2004

Hi,

Sorry for being gone from the discussion a couple of days - I just
relocated to Paris :-)

> And you know, the local people usually organize it...

Coming to think of it, it *would* be a good idea to have it somewhere
with a local connection. Not mainly to organize things (we are many who
can help with that), but it would be much easier to arrange a couple of
computers and perhaps internet access if we have access to a lab.

> But seriously, I think it is a good idea to organise something, but  I
> think we need a volunteer to do the local work of trying to find a
> location etc. Also it might be beneficial to get a sponsor, in that
> respect CECAM might be something, or maybe an industrial sponsor?

I like CECAM - obviously we'll have to lift the horizon a bit and not
make it completely Gromacs-specific, but that would probably be a good
idea anyway since it makes the science more interesting.

Cheers,

Erik