[gmx-users] water in channel

Jocelyne Vreede vreede at science.uva.nl
Tue Jan 20 16:46:02 CET 2004

Dear Itamar and Anton,

A while ago I had similar problems with genbox: the program wrongly
inserted water molecules in a protein. I solved it by clustering water
molecules on the basis of hydrogen bonds. If a water molecule forms a
hydrogen bond to a water molecule of the cluster, it is added to the
cluster, otherwise a new cluster is created.
This way, the bulk solvent is represented as one single cluster, whereas
additional clusters identify water molecules that are isolated i.e.
inside the protein or lipid bilayer.

If you are interested, I can send you the code (in C).

Regards,

Jocelyne

--
Jocelyne Vreede, M.Sc.