[gmx-users] errors depending on (lack of) solvent

gianluca santarossa gianluca.santarossa at unimib.it
Mon Jan 26 18:15:01 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 16:58, Erik Lindahl wrote:

> > So, isn't there a way to run parallel simulations of a single molecule
> > on 2 or more machines?
> >
> Yes, it's possible if you don't constrain all bonds. It's pretty common
> in the literature to constrain only bonds with hydrogens for this very
> reason.
Sorry, but I didn't undersand. Is there a way to split a simulation of a
single molecule on, for istance, 4 machines, without using MPI?

> We might implement a parallel constraint solver, but I doubt it will be
> useful apart from testing stuff since it will involve extra
> communication (reducing performance).
My simulations consist of dynamics of quite small molecules ( 100 or 200
residues )  for a long time. Do you think that parallel computation
would be unuseful in my case?

Tanks
gianluca

--