[gmx-users] Gromacs 3.2 released
lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 27 22:36:02 CET 2004
We finally got 3.2 out the door :-)
I'm sure there are things we forgot, but post them to this list with
lots of details and we'll try to fix them too...
Some of the new features:
* Lots of more compilers and platforms recognized automatically
(Itanium2, for example).
* Significantly better conjugate gradients energy minimization.
* A new l-bfgs energy minimization algorithm, probably even better than
* A big overhaul of the pull code with lots of new features.
* New features for simulated annealing (multiple groups, several points
on the temperature curve, periodic annealing)
* Faster and much better Gaussian distribution random number generator
...and other stuff that I can't remember right now...
It will still be a couple of days before we have the manual for 3.2
ready, but the webpages are *mostly* updated.
More information about the gromacs.org_gmx-users