[gmx-users] Trouble editing mdp file

Oliver Lange olange at gwdg.de
Thu Jun 3 09:47:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

i have never seen this kind of error, so my guess might be totally wrong:
Are you using a windows based system, or a mix of windows and unix?
Windows has a different code for the end of a line (EOL) it uses Carriag Return (CR) AND
Line Feed (LF) together, while
Unix uses only LF. If you wrote the file with a windows editor and tried to grompp it
under unix, grompp would read 'integrator = mdCR'. Which it wouldn't recognize because it
wants one of md, steep, cg, etc. well you know the list.

Try to use the tool dos2unix which should replace 'CR LF' by 'LF'.

Don't kill me if i am wrong.
Greetings to Australia
Oliver