[gmx-users] area per headgroup for lipid, and volume per lipid - Gromacs

Yuhua Song yhsong at ccb.wustl.edu
Thu Jun 10 01:13:03 CEST 2004

Hi, Eric:

I had read your paper titled " Mesoscopic undulations and thickness
fluctuation in lipid bilayers from molecular dynamcis simulaitons" published
on Biophysical Journal Volume 79 July 2000, P426-433. In the paper, you have
reported projected area and volume per lipid for 3 different size systems
for DPPC simulated with Gromacs.  Now, I am analyzing my MD data ( run with
Gromacs), I am trying to figure out how to get the change of the area per
headgroup, and volume of lipid during the 10ns simulaiton with Gromacs
tools.

Could you kindly let me know your ways to get the change of the area per
headgroup, and volume of lipid during the simulation? Your help is grately
appreciated.

Thanks

Yuhua