[gmx-users] area per headgroup for lipid, and volume per lipid - Gromacs

sameer varma varma1 at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 11 19:32:07 CEST 2004

One possible strategy:
1. Extract only headgroups
2. Project them on an XY plane (basically ignore Z)
3. Discretize on a 2-d grid
4. Count the number of boxes.
5. Or instead of steps 3 and 4: run through all relevant XY points and
check if they are within radial distance from any headgroup atom: if yes,
increment area
6. divide total area by number of lipids