[gmx-users] How to use ambconv package...

david.evans at ulsop.ac.uk david.evans at ulsop.ac.uk
Wed Jun 16 18:41:55 CEST 2004

Seonah,

I've spent a while getting ambconv to work. You need an old format
prmtop file, and
note that the fourth line of numbers has seven digits in amber7/8
files, but only six in the amber6 files which ambconv was (I think)
written for.

There is also a bug in ambconv.c -- (thanks to Anton Feenstra for
pointing this out).
- s_atop* atop; */

+/* DAE Insert Anton Feenstra's suggestion on memory allocation */

+s_atop   satop; /* static */
+s_atop*  atop;  /* pointer */

  +atop = &satop;  /* set atop to point to satop's adress */

If you email me off-list, I can send you an updated version of
ambconv and a how-to, which work reasonably for me. I still do not
get perfect agreement in energies between the two programs, however,
so it would also be useful for me if you could test this :)

Dave Evans
London School of Pharmacy

---- Message from Seonah Kim <kim at qtp.ufl.edu> at 2004-06-16 12:14:43
------