[gmx-users] Dppc Benchmark

Seonah Kim kim at qtp.ufl.edu
Thu Jun 17 23:23:04 CEST 2004

Dear all,

We are testing our linux cluster now, using gromacs 3.2.1, with the dppc
  benchmark.

We have dual Xeon 2.88 Ghz, 1 GB memory per box. We run RedHat 9.0, and
use LAM. 512 Mb L2 cache as far as I can tell.

We see 135 ps/day for a single processor, but only 250 for two.
This is not the superscaling reported in the gromacs web site.

The two processor run really works in the same box, using the 2 procs,
we checked, so it is not the network. We read/write only at the
beggining and end, so it is not the disk.

Can anyone help us ? Is this a LAM issue ?

Thanks !!!
a.