[gmx-users] oscillations in constrain forces

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 16:06:29 CEST 2004

>From: fangel at usc.es
>To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
>Subject: [gmx-users] oscillations in constrain forces
>Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:21:11 +0200
>
>Dear all,
>I am trying to use the pull code to constrain the distance between the
>center
>of
>mass of two molecules but I am obtaining very high oscillations (between
>1000
>and -1000) in the
>output.pdo.

These fluctuations seem quite reasonable to me.
You need long time averages to obtain reliable values.

>A second question: Doesn't the pull code work in parallel? From the mailing
>list
>it seems that it does not in previous versions but I do not know in 3.2

All the pull code should work in parallel, except for constraint pulling.
When you try this it will give a fatal error.
If all constrained molecules are on node 0 it is easy to make the code pull
work in parallel.

Berk.