[gmx-users] FFTW libraries

Chng Choon Peng cpchng at bii.a-star.edu.sg
Tue Jun 22 06:09:51 CEST 2004

Hi Seth,

  If I remember correctly, libfftw is for complex to complex transforms and
librfftw is for real to complex (forward FFT).
The 's' is for single-precision, which is the default installation
mode for Gromacs on SSE/2 machines.
So, your 'hack' works if your installed FFTw is in single-precision mode,
which may not be so.

When compiling FFTw from source, you can specify the flag
"--enable-type-prefix" and you'll get libsfftw and libdfftw for single- and
double-precision transforms.
Probably you can find RPMs for each version, with the prefix.

cheers,
Choon-Peng
--
Mr. Choon-Peng CHNG
Research Associate
#07-01 Matrix Building
Singapore 138671
Tel (O): +65 64788301 Fax (O): +65 64789047
www.bii.a-star.edu.sg/~cpchng