[gmx-users] multiple forcefields

Yiannis ioannis.nicolis at free.fr
Tue Jun 22 21:12:04 CEST 2004

Hello,
just to add my experience, I tried recently to use lipid.itp from P.
Tieleman's site to model a box of polyunsaturated fatty acids using
ffgmx force field. While I could use his dppc bilayer topology and run
the simulation I had stability problems with my system. Most probably
these instabilities (leading to crash after 200 to 400 ps) were due to
my topology around the unsaturated bonds. I finally decided to give a
try to the opls force field and I managed to get a stable fatty acid
box, reproducing very well the experimental density. Of course the
simulation will be much longer but it was just a test system.
Ioannis