[gmx-users] GMX and Celero

schraven at mpip-mainz.mpg.de schraven at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Thu Jun 24 04:30:11 CEST 2004

I don´t want to be rude, but celerons are probably not exactly the best buy for
heavy computing, they are very (s)low on cache memory. A lower clockspeed P4
may be a better idea (or hey, an AMD may even be best price/performance option
in your case).

Comparison of the L2 cache on P4 and celeron:
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20020903/p4_celeron-01.html

Still, since you already bought it anyway, and are comparing two celerons with
each other, you should see a difference of course. Did you use the same
compiler options, used the right fftw libraries, etc? Maybe it is a good idea
to do all the benchmarks om both systems and compare the results. It might
become clearer then where the origin of your problem is (e.g. it might be a
problem with your memory if the small systems are faster and the dppc system
has the same speed, just guessing here).

Zitat von gmx-users-request at gromacs.org: