[gmx-users] rvdw>rlist for nve simulation

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Tue May 4 09:44:01 CEST 2004

Hi Linda,

This is intended to catch mistakes :-)

In this case, the mistake is that you need "switch", "shift" or
tabulated interactions (PME, user, etc.) for energy conservation. Sharp
cutoffs won't conserve energy, so in that case it's a waste to have
entries in the neighborlists for which we don't calculate any
interactions.

Gromacs also uses a very flexible shifting function, so as David
pointed out you need to set a rvdw_shift that is smaller than rvdw.

Cheers,

Erik