[gmx-users] Re: nve ensemble

Linda fuwei at adrik.bchs.uh.edu
Tue May 4 18:13:01 CEST 2004

Hi, XAvier,

	I am sure they use NVE ensemble. You can refer paper "JMB, 2002, 322: 189-203". I asked their author about it, their answer is NVE ensemble. In fact, there are a bundle of papers which uses NVE ensemble at high-temperature. While, the water density at high-T is different from that at low-T.

	Can you post some representative papers which is related to high-temperature NVT MD simulation? So that I can compare them.

Best,

Linda

>Hi, all,
>
>	I ask a very basic question about high-temperature simulation. From publications I found some people uses NVE microcanonical ensemble to run high-temperature MD simulation, does someone can tell the reason? Any hit is appreciated!

Are you sure it is NVE and not NVT or perhaps that are old simulations ? The
conservation of the energy was considered at the time one essential
point in
simulation community. It changed !! Nowadays it is more common to use NVT
ensemble for high temperature simulations. The reason is to avoid the
volume
expension of your box. It is not absolutely correct as the pressure is
increasing
but it is just one more approximation in hight temperature simulations.
The major
one beeing the force field.

XAvier