[gmx-users] Re: nve ensemble

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Tue May 4 22:49:00 CEST 2004

Ah,

That sounds like a nice way of saying "we don't know, but everybody
else was doing that, so we did it too" :-)

There is nothing *wrong* with NVE (or NVT), but as other people here
have already pointed out: any difference between ensembles is going to
be insignificant compares to the errors due to potentials not being
designed for high-temperature simulations...

Allen & Tildesley doesn't cover high-temperature simulations
specifically as far as I recall, but it's still a highly recommended
book - you can probably find it on Amazon.

Cheers,

Erik