[gmx-users] problem pdb2gmx and dummy

gerph at correo.unam.mx gerph at correo.unam.mx
Thu May 13 20:16:40 CEST 2004

Dear gromacs user,
Until now I have simulations of my protein using default atoms definition for
aromatics residues,
but when I tried to use "-dummy aromatics" option I have a consistent error (I
tried whit differents proteins)
for the first residue,

WARNING: atom H is missing in residue SER 1 in the pdb file
         You might need to add atom H to the hydrogen database of residue SER
         in the file ff???.hdb (see the manual)

There were 1 missing atoms in molecule Protein_B
Number of bonds was 7439, now 7439
Opening library file /usr/share/gromacs/top/ffgmx2.ddb
Fatal error: Invalid directive NH3 in dummy database ffgmx2.ddb

I tried with -ter -missing  to modify the NH3 if this corresponding to the
termini residue and
include only one H missing, but it does not work. Before try modified the ddb
file I want to know if
there some alternative to fix this problem. I use gromacs 3.2.1.

Thanks

Gerardo Perez Hernandez