[gmx-users] fftw and LAM versions

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Mon May 17 21:26:15 CEST 2004

Hi,

On May 17, 2004, at 8:58 PM, Jon Bernard wrote:

> What are the most recent versions of fftw and LAM that gromacs works
> with? The web site prereqs page specifies only very old versions of
> both.

It will work with any version of LAM if you compile it yourself. The
only reason for prescribing a specific version is that we distribute
binaries, and in that case you need to make sure you compile it with
the same version of LAM that was installed on your system.

As for FFTW, the 3.x releases still don't support parallel transforms
using MPI, so you need to use 2.1.x.

Cheers,

Erik