[gmx-users] Benchmarks, two questions

Pim Schravendijk schraven at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Wed May 19 17:24:30 CEST 2004

Dear List,

I still have two questions concerning the opteron benchmarks.

- How come the 32 bit gromacs binaries score relatively so well on the 64
bit machines. Is there some special way in which the processor treats the
32 bit operations?

- Does David or anybody else have the compiler options to get the highest
performance out of a gromacs install on the opteron. The 386 rpm did ok
but I use some additions to the mdrun code so I really want to be able to
make that install as good as possible.

Greetings, Pim

--
Pim Schravendijk - PhD Student
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research