[gmx-users] ref_tau error message

Marian Zlomislic mrzlomis at ucalgary.ca
Mon Nov 1 21:21:40 CET 2004

Hi Maria,
Index files are specific to the system that you're studying.

you can use:

make_ndx -f x.gro -o index.ndx

where x.gro is the name of your structure file to generate your own.
Run this command, and then look at your index.ndx file, and you'll see that
by default, all of the atoms have been listed in categories such as [System],
[Protein], etc.

once you've done this, you'll see that the default groups that are generated
all have numbers and names.  To generate a SOL_Cl group (that includes all of
the atoms in the solvent and the cl ions) you can use:

" <insert group number for SOL> | <insert group number for Cl>  "

In my case, it was:
13 | 14

I hope that helps.
marian