[gmx-users] assembly inner loops - making sure

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Tue Nov 2 18:35:05 CET 2004

David L. Bostick wrote:

> I want to be sure that I am using assembly when compilig gromacs on an
> intel cluster.  Is assembly used by default, or must I use some kind of
> --disable-fortran option during configure?

It is used by default, providing CPU and OS support it, and mdrun is able
to detect that they support it. You'll find messages in the logfile to
that effect. Fortran, as far as I understand, is by default not used on
Linux, since it provides not much improvement over C (and certainly none
over assembly ;-).

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |