[gmx-users] How does the atom mass and atom vdw radius influence the MD simulation in GMX?

Zhenting Gao zhentg at 163.com
Thu Nov 4 18:19:26 CET 2004

Hi  gmx-users,

     I want to add a MN2+(manganese with 2 positive charge, not bonded ) to the Gromos96 43a1 FF library.

     However, I noticed that 2 files, 'atommass.dat' and 'vdwradii.dat' are read during the making of a topology file. Need I add the atom weight and vdw radii into these 2 files?
     How does the atom mass and atom vdw radius influence the MD simulation in GMX?

Thanks.

Yours sincerely,
Zhenting Gao
zhentg at 163.com