[gmx-users] Re: Movie from PDB files

Gaurav Porwal gauravp at che.iitb.ac.in
Thu Nov 4 16:54:34 CET 2004

Dear Kay,

I checked out the VMD site. As far as I can comprehend, VMD can visualize
the simulation progress if one has a trajectory file generated from any of
the molecular simulation softwares like gromacs.

What I wanted specifically is that what can be done if one doesn't have
any trajectory file, instead a few thousand PDB files. One idea is to
convert all the files to jpeg images and make a movie out of it. If anyone
can let me know a software that can generate jpeg for such large no. of
files automatically, then I would be grateful.

Is there any other solution.

Thanks.
regards,
Gaurav