[gmx-users] Self made GDP topology file....deforms during EM ...and the reason

Matthew Geballe mgeball at emory.edu
Tue Nov 9 20:02:37 CET 2004

Zenting,

I too have been trying to build a topology for both GDP and GTP.  I did
this in generally the same way that you describe, starting from PRODRG
output and looking at the ATP and GUA residues in the G43a1 residue
database.  Rather than calculating charges I generally used the charges
from the residue database with a few minor changes.  My topologies seem
to be stable in MD simulations, although I have a problem with the
beta-phosphate group of GDP.  I'd be happy to send the topologies to
you and any improvements you or any one else would like to make would
be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

P.S.  According to an earlier post, it sounds like PRODRG will soon
support the G96 force field thanks to much hard work by Daan van Aalten
and others.  Thanks in advance for expanding your great tool!!