[gmx-users] Installation -Mac-Root

Choon Peng cpchng at bii.a-star.edu.sg
Fri Nov 19 07:57:29 CET 2004

Hi Bo Yang,

   Look for NetInfo Manager under Applications -> Utilities folder.
Locate Security in the menu and select "Enable Root User".

Resetting the computer will not give you root access.
Root is not enabled by default on OS X. Usually user password is enough
to install most applications, until you "look under the hood" and do UNIX
stuff ;)

cheers,
Choon-Peng

--